Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church
440 St. Martins Road, Flaherty, KY 40175
St. Martin of Tours History
St. Martin of Tours Cemetery Altar in the Cemetery is the site of the original Church. photo courtesy Joe Sipes
Rev. Charles Ignatius Coomes
Thanks to all the volunteers who have helped with the Archives. If you are interested in history, please call Ann Sipes, 828-3415.
St Martin School Pictures
Stained Glass Windows
Photos of Stained Glass Windows
These parishioners donated money to purchase the stained glass windows.
Charles Jones, W. H. Edelin, Eliza Edelin, Donie Edelin, C. A. Shircliffe, Mrs. Isabella Sims, Michael Whelan, J. W. Medley, R. C. Craycroft, J. H. Thompson, P. P. Nevitt, Mrs. P. P. Nevitt, Thomas Ballard, Mrs. W. A. Brown, N. Alma Brown, W. A. Brown, W. T. McDonough, J. C. Brown, Mrs. A. P. McDonough, Mrs. M. A. Rhodes & F. M. Lancaster, Rev. J. J. Fitzgerald & Joshua Lancaster.
Thanks to those parishioners and former parishioners who have contacted us. If you have further information about the people listed on the windows, call Joe or Ann Sipes at 828-3415 or send an email to us. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
St. Martin of Tours Cemetery
Glenn Redmon, Cemetery Committee Chairperson ,270-828-8146
Corpus Christi) ( photo, courtesy Janet Foushee
St. Martin Church Photo above taken ca 1900
This History of St. Martinís was prepared for a book planned by the Archdiocese of Louisville as part of the commemoration of our bicentennial anniversary. Only a page was devoted to each parish of the archdiocese of which we have been a member since our first church was built in the cemetery in 1848. The full text is presented for our parishionerís enjoyment.
St. Martin of Tours, Flaherty, Meade County, Kentucky
Compiled by Shelly Sims, Ann sipes, and Mary Ann Whelan
The Archdiocese of Louisville History Center is located within the Cathedral of the Assumptionís Patterson Education Center and serves as an opportunity to experience first hand, through objects and artifacts, the Catholic heritage of our archdiocese from its earliest beginnings in 1775 to today. The displays are available for viewing only on certain days. For group reservations or more information call 502-582-2971. Hours of Operation: Sunday - 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Return to Home Page